What a way to spend my Friday night but in the Urgent Care for a couple of hours! Unfortunately Bobby and I made the decision to take Wesley to the urgent care. Why is that unfortunate...well, I knew his ear drums looked a little red and that he had some throat issues, with white spots on his tonsils. My diagnosis: ear infections and strep throat! Our concern was the high temp of 103.2 before we left. When we got there they took it and it was 103.8! Not good! What did the "Real" Dr. say, "His ears have a little fluid on them and are just a little pink, I wouldn't say he has an ear infection and the strep test came out negative, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have strep. Those tests aren't always accurate!"
Ok, so... what did I get out of all of this? Nothing! Just a waste of time and that is usually how it all happens when I take my kids! I usually know what they have before the Dr. tells me! I could have stayed home given Wes something for the fever and kept up with the monolaurin and oil of oregano and he would have been just fine!
Usually we wait it out a little longer and wait for the natural stuff to take it's course but with the fever so high...and Wesley is so miserable! I guess I should be thankful that we did take him and that we know he will be fine! I just want him to be healed! I can't stand it when my kids are sick!
2 comments:
Yea what do the "real" doctors know... how to make money wasting ppl's time that's for sure lol. Well I hope Wes feels better!
aaaawwwww poor wesley. i hope he gets better soon before his birthday that would be bad. aawww that is terrible!!!
Post a Comment