Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shopping Spree!

Today after the game I decided I wanted to go shopping. I had one purchase that I needed to make and that was to find Taylor a dress for her pictures coming up this Thurs.

I drove down to Middletown and on my way I called Dad and checked in with him. He came down to Target and met up with me. We went store hoppin'! It was fun! Well, I thought it was fun. I had nothing better to do and the same went for him. I like to roam the clearance isles at all the stores. You never know what you might find.

We made our way to Kohl's. After shopping for Dad for a few we headed back to the little girl section. It was comical! Dad wasn't liking some of my dress choices! I was trying to find a solid color dress due to the fact that the photographer said that solid colors photograph better than prints. I figured since she knew what she was talkin' about I would find something solid. I ran into a delima because there wasn't much to choose from. Then I found the perfect dress! Although I didn't know at the time how perfect it was going to turn out.

It was a sailor style dress. I thought to myself 'it is solid in color'. I wasn't sure if I was sold on it quite yet but I did purchase it. It also came with a dress for a doll. I was blank at what doll would she have that she could put this on. I couldn't think of any! I would worry about that later. Now it was on to shoes! I thought "red". That would be a good color. So I found a pair of red shoes hoping that the size I bought would be fine. (They weren't and I had to go to 2 more of the same store to find the right size!)

When I came home I had Taylor try on her dress. I showed her the dress for the doll and she knew what doll she wanted to wear it...Baby Alive! Of course, why didn't I think of that! When I put the dress on Taylor she looked so cute. Then we put on the shoes! I was SOLD, 100%! She looked so cute! I fell in love with the dress and even more after Baby Alive had hers on!

After dropping Dad off at his car, I have to admit, I went to Wal-Mart again. The one in our town this time. I had to check out the clearance there.

After my shopping spree, I ended up with a curtain rod for the living room, shower curtain hooks, 2 dress shirts for Bobby, 3 pair of shoes(2 I had to take back, too big), dress and sweater for Taylor, 2 rugs for the laundry room, an ice scraper for the van, and a couple grocery items! Whew! What a day!

"Thanks for hangin' out with me Dad! I love you!"

2 comments:

Mom said...

I couldn't see the red shoes :(

Tam-e said...

Sorry, by the time we got the baby dressed we had the shoes off. I thought it was cute cuz they both were barefoot.