
I got this recipe from my Father-in-law. He always makes a BIG breakfast when we come to stay. I always enjoy them and appreciate him for it! These waffles were so wonderful and they don't stick in my waffle iron like the other homemade waffles I was making so I love them even more! They are great with Real maple syrup-grade B from Trader Joe's too!
3 cups flour
1/4 cup & 2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
9 Tbsp unsalted butter(melted & cooled slightly)-I used salted butter but reduced the amount of
salt I put in
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs, separated
1 egg white
Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and egg yolks. Stir into dry ingredients until mixture resembles a smooth batter. Add extra white to bowl of whites and whip to firm, but not dry, peaks using an electric mixer. Fold whites into batter in three additions using large rubber spatula, until the whites and batter are completely incorporated.
*Just for the record, I made this recipe over the weekend and whipped it all up without separating the eggs. It turned out just the same. I am not sure why you would have to do it the other way if the end result was the same. I thought I would try it since Dad E. didn't know how they would turn out if you didn't follow the directions!
No comments:
Post a Comment