Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Didn't Forget!


I haven't forgotten about this Waikiki Meatball Recipe. I am finally gettting it reposted!


1 1/2# ground chuck

2/3 cup cracker crumbs(I just use bread crumbs)

1/4 cup onions

1 egg

1 1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ginger

1/4 cup milk

1 Tbsp shortening(I did not use cuz I baked my meatballs in the oven)

2 Tbsp cornstartch

1 can pinapple tidbits (drained, reserve syrup)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup vinegar

1 Tbsp soy sauce


Mix Beef, crumbs, onion, egg, salt, ginger, and milk together. Shape mixture into balls. Melt shortening in skillet; brown and cook. Remove from heat, but keep warm. Pour fat from skillet.


Mix cornstarch and sugar. Stir in reserved syrup, vinegar and soy sauce intil smooth. Pour into skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Add meatballs and pineapple. Heat and serve.

No comments: