Can't believe we are in a new month already! Love the blogs everyone! I am glad to be able to check in with everyone on a daily basis!
Today I worked the concessions at the basketball tournaments for a couple of hours. Afterwards I proceeded to Tropical Smoothie. I was going to use my free coupon to get Wesley a smoothie since he wasn't feeling well and his throat is just killing him. When I got there the owner greeted me, by name I might ad, I love that home feelin', anywho, he asked me if I received the correct smoothie the other day when I was in. I said, "No." I told him it was nasty too! (I think this mom had order one for her child without any sugar and I ended up with it.) I didn't call in to complain or anything cuz I knew they were unusually busy because the kids had a snow day and he had a new employee working and... you get the picture. He told me that he was going to fix me up! He said he was going to give me a smoothie. He said I could use my card and get another free smoothie if I wanted. I said "ok". Then he changed his mind and said, "you know what, I will just give you both of these. They will be on me." He told me to keep my card! How exciting! I still get another free smoothie. I love it!
Tonight Sam made some snickerdoodles! He wanted to make some cookies. He is so cute! I just love him. So he made cookies and I helped out a little. I rolled the dough and he rolled them in the sugar. I told him it reminded me of when I would make them with my mom. I would do the job that he was doing! He thought that was neat! While we were making the cookies, it was a little late-past bedtime, he was pouting. I asked why and he said he wasn't looking forward to what would come when we were done. I said, "And what is that?" He said, "bed!" I asked what he wanted to do. He wanted to play a game. Needless to say, Bobby, Sam, and I played a game of scrabble. Can anyone guess who won? Sam had a lot of fun! I was happy to make his night. It is amazing how the littlest things make a difference in their lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment