After the break from making the igloo, I had to settle in and focus on dinner. I still needed to make my homemade noodles. Once I got those rolled out and cut, Sam helped me peel some potatoes. I think I peeled all but 3 but that is ok! At least he was helping! I wanted to get those on the stove so I could run to the store really quick. I wanted to pick up some rolls and a cake mix.
Dad had been over earlier in the day, before we went sledding. He mentioned something about his Spiritual birthday being yesterday. I thought we would make his favorite cake for dessert and it would be his birthday cake. The kids thought this was a great idea too!
I left the guys in charge of the stuff on the stove while Sam and I went to the store. We had just went through the U-scan at Kroger and I happened to turn around and guess who I saw? It was Dad! He had a package of rolls in his hand! I called out to him and said, "Dad, we already bought rolls for tonight!" It was pretty funny! He gave his to the lady and we headed to the house. "Great minds think alike'" they say!
When Dad found out we were making a cake and calling it his birthday cake he said, "Sounds like an excuse to make a cake!" Well, it kind of was! Happy Spritual Birthday Dad!
After cake we watched the videos of us sledding today! They were quite entertaining!
After cake we watched the videos of us sledding today! They were quite entertaining!


1 comment:
I think that was a cute idea for cake!
Post a Comment