Friday, March 14, 2008

No More Pull-Ups!


I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get a chance to do that.
Many of you know that Alexis was having trouble staying dry all night. I would have to launder her sheets several times a week. Keep in mind she was wearing a pull-up to bed too! I would get so frustrated! We would try all kinds of things to keep her from wetting the bed. Bobby would wake her up early and make her go, we would cut the drinks off at 6pm(and still do), we would make sure she went before going to bed, and I would get her up before going to bed about 11-12pm and make her go then. Sometimes with all this going on, she would still end up peeing the bed!
I was beginning to wonder if this really was something she could control or if this was something she had to out grow. In February we had stayed at my in-laws and Alexis never has accidents there. When we returned home she continued with no accidents. I told her that we would make a chart and if she stayed dry for a whole month she could stop wearing pull-ups and she could wear her big girl panties to bed.
We are half way through the month and she is doing so good! I am very proud of her. We still watch the clock for drinking after 6pm and ALWAYS make sure she goes before getting in bed. A couple more weeks and I will be pull-up free! Yea!!!

1 comment:

Ashlyn said...

That is exciting!!! Good Job Alexis. Well keep it up
love you!!!