I started first by sewing the little bikini top. Alexis said, "I thought I was supposed to help! You're going to do it all!" She's been settin' me straight lately! I was going to sew a bottom part too out of a skirt I have, but since I was supposed to be letting her do the project I thought I would let her.
I had some spools of red ribbon. We used an old headband and Alexis tied the ribbon on it. I drew her some fins and she colored them and then cut them out. She then put glitter all over them and I put the lines on there for the scales. I think it turned out pretty good for using our(my)imagination! :)
2 comments:
Aww it's the little Alexis Mermaid! I love the hair lol
I laughed when I read the comment from Alexis about you doing it all. It's hard not to want them to be the best in whatever project they have. I've done it so many times. You just get so involved. Braydon had a project to build a log house. I was so into it, he kept saying, "You're doing it all, Grandma, I'm supposed to do it." So actually, I got the grade. HAHA. All parents do it...in fact, the teacher sent notes home to all parents the last project he had to do...."Parents....Advise Only. Please let the children work on their own project." It was funny.
Post a Comment