Saturday, May 31, 2008

Family Cookout/Birthday Party for Grandpa Hughes

Today was the family cookout. We had a great time at Grandpa and Vicki's house. We also celebrated Grandpas birthday. It was a little hard to keep the candles lit due to the breeze but it was a gorgeous day!


Father and Son!

This was comical! Vicki was getting the desserts ready. She cut the cake then the two pies and was waiting to cut that angel food cake I made! I did make it per her request so she was determined to get a piece. She threw up her hands and said she had something to do and left the cake untouched. As you can see we had some family salivating over the cake and wanting a piece so I said, "Vicki, would you like me to cut the cake?" She said, go ahead. I was just as determined to get her a nice piece because she had been waiting for this. So I cut her a really generous peice! She laughed when she came back to see how much I had cut for her. Although I didn't mean for her to have to eat it all right now but she tried really hard to get that large piece down!

Ashlyn, my sis! :)


The kids enjoyed feeding the ducks.




6 comments:

Ashlyn said...

Those turned out really cute...tell the kids i said hi. since you guys didn't stay.lol jk


love ya

Vicki said...

I love the picture of the four kids. The background scenery is so pretty and the one with Ashlyn is gorgeous. You're so talented with the camera. If you have anymore pictures of the party, e-mail them if you can. I didn't get to take any at all. Love you
By the way, I ate the rest of my piece of cake later last night and the one in the fridge this afternoon and the one in the freezer tonight. (I'm glad there weren't any more pieces anywhere else or I would have eaten them, too. You did a great job and it was soooooooooo good. FYI.....I'm starting a diet Monday....ha ha ha)

Chris said...

I wish me and marissa could have been there. It looks like so much fun. I miss all of you guys so much already,but there are 2 things that keeps me going everyday. 1 that marissa is here with me and 2 that when u look at the 10 day for cali it is sunny and 80 for everyday not like ohio where it is like sun rain sun rain sun snow rain hail storms rain sun lol.

Marissa said...

Looks like the kids had a lot of fun and I think I was slobbering a little bit over your cake! lol

Tam-e said...

Chris you are comical! I love that you commented on my blog! Hope you post some things on yours! Tell me about that weather forecast! Yuck! Can't wait to move south!!!

Chris said...

heyy well i updated my blog alittle i did some pics of the road trip i will be trying to keep it updated for you lol. I really miss you guys already. o well another year or so we will be heading back to somewhere. Maybe NC if u guys are there already