Sunday, May 18, 2008

Angel Food Cake

Yes, I am baking again! I really need to cut it out. I have been adding on a few extra pounds. Anyway, my mom came down for the weekend and she had bought me an angel food cake pan. I really wanted to make an angel food cake and she found this pan at the good will or something. So we made plans to make one. It is a lot of work holding up that mixer and pouring in this stuff slowly! My forearm got a work out! The cake turned out pretty good. I cut some strawberries and mixed them with some cool whip, sliced the cake in half and put the strawberry mixture in there. Then I put the top back on and covered it with cool whip. Everyone seemed to like it.


4 comments:

Maribeth said...

I love angel food cake! I think it's the perfect summer cake with berries! Yum.

Amanda said...

looks yummy! i agree that angel food cake takes some arm strength- you don't look like you have added any extra pounds!:)

Vicki said...

I absolutely love angel food cake, especially with strawberries. I agree with Amanda, you do not look like you've added any extra pounds. You look terrific for a mother who has had four children.

Leslie Bebout said...

Beautiful! Agree with majority...you look fabulous! Enjoy your cake!!