This past weekend had been planned for awhile. I wanted to do some fun things while Mom was here. There is always so much to do and of course we didn't get to do it all.
We both worked Friday night and she arrived shortly after I had gotten home from work. I was trying to get some cleaning done before her arrival but I only got one bathroom cleaned! Thankfully I cleaned the other one on my lunch break! We didn't stay up too late! Usually we stay up later than we should but this time we were pretty good about getting to bed at a reasonable time.
I think I was up every morning around 7-7:30. My internal alarm was getting me up! I made omlets for breakfast, thanks to my omlet maker! I think I have only used it like 3/4 times since I have gotten it! Then Mom and I were off to get a massage and go shopping. The massage was wonderful! I really enjoyed this one! I wish I had my camera with me though. Mom and I both came out with wrinkle marked foreheads! It was comical! Then it was off to shop! We shopped all day!!! Mom was looking for something to wear on Sunday as was I. I was only trying to find one thing! A pair of white capri's. Well, a swimsuit too! After much searching neither of us had found what we wanted, minus the swimsuit. I did get that. So we went home to make some dinner and that angel food cake I posted about earlier! We had planned to go back out and go to JC Penney.
So after dinner and the cake we headed back out. We had a couple of hours to shop at JC Penney. Mom found a shirt and I found a pair of white cropped pants. Not really capris but they will do. We arrived home and I decided to put on a fashion show for Mom and the girls. I showed off for Bobby too! When I went to put on my white capri's I was sick to my stomach! I couldn't believe I had shopped all day to find one thing and now I was not going to be able to wear it the next day! At the store the cashier for got to take off that little ink thingy! Oh my gosh I was so upset! Now what to wear on Sunday! I couldn't go back to JC Penney until noon on Sunday and Mom and I were going to the theater at 10:30-11. Did I mention I was not happy about this!
I got up Sunday morning and headed out to the store on my own. Good ole K-Mart came through for me! I found a pair of black capri's. Yea! I have an outfit to wear! Although I could have just worn a pair of black pants that I had but my love handle was hangin' over a little too much! Ha! Ha! Funny I know! It all worked out! And we both looked beautiful!
I took Mom to the La Comedia dinner theater. We saw West Side Story. I had never seen this before. It started out a little slow but then it started to pick up and I really enjoyed it. During the first song of the play Mom tapped the table at me and pointed to this older lady that had sat by herself. She was singing all the words to the song! It was comical! She must have been a big fan of this play cuz she sang every song with the cast!
Here we are heading to the show!

After the show we made that trip back to JC Penney to get the ink tag removed! On to home. Later my friend Jazmin came over with the kids, Kerri , Rian and their children too. I made dinner for the adults and we ordered pizza for the kids. We had a nice visit.
After dinner Mom and I took some of the angel food cake over to my work. I had promised a piece to the wife of a resident. She actually was going to make me an angel food cake but I told her that I was planning to make one and that I would bring her a piece. I took a couple extra pieces to give to a couple of the residents that I just love there. Truely wonderful women! I enjoy visiting with them.
We stayed in for the night and Bobby had gone out and got us some movies to watch. Mad Money, and P.S. I love you! They were both good!
Mom had bought some popcorn to eat while watching the movie! So she made those.

Monday rolled around, Mom had brought some hastas to me from Aunt Ruthie and some mulch so we decided to work on the flower bed! A much needed transformation to the front of the house! I of course was up at the crack of dawn so I went out to the flower bed and pulled all the weeds to help get us started. Once Mom got up and ready we headed out to get some more plants. I had wanted a tree too to put in the bed. I know that it is close to the house and maybe I should have picked and ornamental tree but hey this tree was only $11. What can I say. I won't be here forever and I liked it! We went to a couple of places to look at trees/plants and I had no clue as to what I needed or wanted so I just went with it! I already had 8 things in the bed that I was going to keep but just rearrange.
After a couple, too many hours out, we came home to get dirty! Mom started on the bushes in front of the house! I must say I hate those things but I am not digging those out and putting anything new there! This was enough work! :)
Here is Mom saying, "How would you like this cut?"



This is the flower bed before we got started on it.

Mom was crackin' me up. I got the camera out and she was makin' this face like, "are you really going to take my picture!" I told her she is always taking crazy pictures of me!

I think she was having a little fun with that tiller!

There was some screaming going on out back. We went out there and Taylor had gotten hurt on the teeter-totter. Sometimes I hate having that thing. Everyone loves it but it is really dangerous! I can't tell you how many kids have gotten hurt on that thing. Now I know why they took them off the playground at the schools!
So since we were out there, Mom and I took a little break for some fun of our own! We deserved it! We had been working hard!



Ok, fun is over, now back to work. God was good to us because it was really supposed to rain and he held it back for us! It was getting really windy and a lot cooler! I was freezing! But we placed the pants in the bed how we thought they should go.




Ok, fun is over, now back to work. God was good to us because it was really supposed to rain and he held it back for us! It was getting really windy and a lot cooler! I was freezing! But we placed the pants in the bed how we thought they should go.

Mom tilled in front of the bushes and we put down some fabric ground cover stuff for weed control and then put some mulch down.
I went out and bought some more mulch on Tuesday and some more plants for in front of the bushes. I put the fabric down in the big bed. It was hard doing that by myself but I did get it accomplished. I think it looks 100% better than it did before.

Mom also tilled me a spot out back for a little garden! I just wanted a couple of things out there. It is nothing big. I went and bought some tomatoes and a couple of other things. Still need to put them in the ground.
Thank you so much Mom for all your help!!! I really appreciate it! Looking forward to our next visit!
6 comments:
The hostas are great...they get so big and come up every year, spreading all over. Looks good. I know how hard you worked, too. We just got done with ours, although, Grandpa did most of the planting.
Your story is way too funny, and I was there. The teeter totter WAS fun. The kid never leaves you! (Remember that when you get my age.) The "new" flowers and redesign of the flower bed looks wonderful. You'll love the landscaping fabric, no thistles or weeds! It's always wonderful to spend time with you and your family. The Angel Food cake was delish.....you'll get it perfected like you did the everyday cookies. When you pass that recipe on....people will complain their's does not taste like yours, just like the cookie recipe. That's why they will continue to ask you to bring your special items to share.
(BTW.....it's Wednesday and my legs still hurt.)
Thanks for a great time, I'm glad I was able to help you. Thank you for the massage and theater lunch. All was fun and as usual, time was way too short.
Love you....Mom ox
such busy girls!! the flowers look great!
Sounds like you girls had an awesome weekend! I love that top you were wearing Tam-e, really cute. And the yard looks so pretty!
Ahhhhh....I loved this mom/daughter blog! I have missed your blogs while I've been on vacation! I really want a laptop so I can take you all along with me!
Your house and landscaping are wonderful!
My parents fed the cat but they left all my weeds...11 days gone and lots of Ohio rain...they have nearly taken over the flower beds! I have already had one terrible bout of poison so I'm a little gun shy of going at them AGAIN!! I might just point and let Mike dig!
Love the idea of the landscape fabric. I'm going to look for it. I'll bet it's too late to use this year. Is it something you have to do before the plants come up? I'm not much of a gardener....I just pretend I am!!
Okay...I'm going back to read about your angel food cake and the other posts I have missed. I don't know if I will have time to visit your mom's site today. The grandchildren have a school talent show.
Thanks for your wonderful blog!!
love to all...
to much fun and great memories!
I agree w/your mother...the kid in you never leaves! We just have to remember that as we age...it takes longer to recooperate from the fun! hahaha!
So glad you had a blast w/your mom!
Joy, Debi (your mom's high school friend- Parkinson, Presley-same home room for 4 yrs)
Post a Comment