Sunday, May 4, 2008

Satisfying the Cravings!

I have been craving some good ole fashioned Rhubarb pie! I had invited Dad over for dinner tonight, the other day. He said he would be over and I know he likes Rhubarb too! So... I stopped at the store and bought all the rhubarb they had. It turned out to be just enough. I made a nice roast, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, carrots & peas, and some rolls for dinner. It turned out really good. Bobby helped with the potatoes and of course with the clean up! Since Matt was with us today for a round of golf, he knew what we were having for dinner so he decided to stay too!
The pie turned out pretty good. It was a little runny but it still tasted really good! Dad said, "this was a good way to start off spring!" I enjoy making everyone's taste buds happy!

4 comments:

Marty said...

Yum.....it all sounds so good.

You'll be happy to know, I bought a Rhubarb plant. We won't be able to have any this year though. You'll have to wait until next year to get any.

I look forward to that time.

Stacy said...

Remember the day we made strawberry rhubarb pie? It was so good we went back to the store to buy more ingredients to make a second pie! By the way, I'd drive two hours for a piece of pie! :)

Tam-e said...

Yes, I remember doing that. I actually got out the little piece of paper that had the directions on it that we got from Betty. The pie was really good. I will have to let you know when I am making another one!

Amanda said...

yummy!!!!