Thursday, June 5, 2008

Schools Out For Summer!!

Today was the kid's last day of school! Yea! Although Sam said he was sad! Yeah right! Anyway, Alexis asked last night if we could get doughnuts for breakfast. It is not something we get on a regular basis so I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do. She wanted me to get her up early! I wasn't rising early for no doughnut, although we should have because the little doughnut shop was out of my favorite one!!! The longjohn with white icing on top! Those are the best! Bobby, Alexis, Taylor and I all went to the doughnut shop the girls picked out their doughnuts and got some chocolate milk. They were in heaven.

Later after Alexis had gone to school Taylor and I went to the pool. I had promised her a day there without everyone else! It was nice and relaxing. While I was there I thought about how I should have taken the camera. Taylor was doing so well out there in the water. Of course she had her arm floats on and a swim ring. That is it. She does so good kicking her feet and sometimes using her arms to get around the pool.

We headed home for a snack and to wait for the other kids to get home. Once they arrived we went back to the pool. I couldn't believe all the kids that were there. My neighbor said that their children had invited all of their friends for a last day of school pool party! They ordered pizzas and had drinks. They fed everyone at the pool!!! It was fun for all the kids! A great way to start off the summer!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

That sounds like fun! I'm glad the weather is better out there for you guys I heard it has been raining. So I'm glad the sun is out. And I bet you are gettin pretty dark sittin out by the pool!! lol