Friday, June 13, 2008

Rain or Shine!

The forecast called for scattered thunder storms throughout the day. I had gone to the store last night and picked up a few toys for the kids. I figured we would be at the pool a lot this summer and they deserved to have some things to play with. Of course the kids wanted to test out the new stuff so off to the pool we went.
We were at the pool for about an hour, hour and a half when the clouds rolled in and it rained pretty good. It worked out nice cuz it was lunch time!! We decided to stay and wait for the rain to dissipate. Everyone that was at the pool ran for home. We were left with the whole pool to ourselves! It turned out to be really fun! I like it when the kids play together. I even got in!
I had bought this big turtle that 2 kids could get on at one time. It is pretty big! The minute we got to the pool and put it in the water all the kids were like vultures! I wasn't happy so I had to be a "mean mom" and tell the kids that the turtle had to come out! I said only two kids on it at once! The Moms that were there didn't say a word!
We finally got rained out at around 3pm. The kids and I had fun just being there by ourselves!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Ugh! That is one of my biggest pet peeves! When other parents allow their children to be so rude right in front of them. It's like...HELLLOOOO do you not have eyesballs to see how your kids are behaving? That was a little dramatic lol. But I'm glad you guys had the pool to yourselves for a while. :)