Monday, October 6, 2008

Update On Moving!!


I am back once again. We have had a few busy weeks! The move went quite well. Better than expected I guess. Matt(Bobby's brother) and Bobby moved all the BIG stuff on that Friday before the 15. Bobby's parents came on Saturday and helped move all the other stuff. I stayed mainly at the new place trying to put it all away as they brought things to the house.

The one down fall is that my kitchen is too small!!! I don't have a lot of storage space in the kitchen so that means no counter space!! Luckily I found this pantry unit on Craig's list. It was from a showroom. I love it! It adds extra storage. My FIL made an island for me. I am still waiting on the arrival though. I will get it in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to some extra working space. I did get a drop leaf table that attaches to the wall. It is from IKEA. We purchased some folding bar stools too! Works really nice in the kitchen.

The neighborhood is an older neighborhood so I like having the trees. I have met all of my neighbors that live on my street. They all seem pretty nice. The kids have other kids to play with and we live on a dead end street. The park is at the end of the street too! That is really nice! I love my one neighbor, Kelly. We have become friends in such a short time. She is really great!!
Living on the dead end street gives the kids some extra space to play and ride their bikes. I am so excited that they get to ride their bikes. Hopefully Alexis will get the hang of it quickly and will be riding without training wheels soon!

This is how close the park is from our house. I am standing right outside the door!
We got everything moved to the new place Saturday and then the electric went out on Sunday in the afternoon! Talk about a crazy time for that to happen. Thanks to the hurricane we were without electricity until Thursday. Needless to say the laundry was out of control and I tried to get as much cleaning done during the day that I could. Dad was going to be coming and staying with the kids while we were on vacation. I wanted to get as much done as I could. It was an eventful week. We made the best of it. I cooked out on the grill everynight and even made rice krispie treats! That was fun!

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

I've been wondering... you left me hanging (then you go off running to Seattle). Sorry to hear you lost your power for that long. My folks in Newark were out for a week. We were out for 24+ hours but with 2 little ones (1 of them who refuses to sleep in the dark) it was one interesting night.
Like the new house. I love living on a cul-de-sac ... just wish we had a park too! Nice bonus. Looks like a nice house too.