Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick or Treat

Of course the kids wanted to be something gorey, but I really don't go for that kind of thing. I always tell them they are lucky to even go trick or treating! Sam decided to go with my idea of being a nerd! How easy is that to pull off! He did have a wig but decided that he didn't want to wear it.

I did let Wesley be a vampire. I thought this wasn't too much so...with that being said I thought it turned out good not too freaky!

Alexis is a Snow Princess! She was beautiful!
I really didn't want Taylor to have this outfit but this is what she chose and there was no changing her mind! She chose to be a Sweetheart Bat.

On Wednesday evening I took the kids to my work @ Hillspring for a fall festival. They got to collect candy, enter a couple of contests, eat, and take a hayride if they wanted. It was a little cold for that. I invited Brett, Kelly and the kids to come and have some fun too! Here are the kids just inside the entry.

The kids posed with a couple of my favorite residents!


This was so sweet! One of the residents wanted to give Alexis a hug. Taylor and Alexis ended up on her lap! She has Alzheimers and she was just lovin' this.

This lady always sends home goodies for the kids!
Here we are at the end of the night! I was more than ready to go home! :)

Taylor had her parade at school today but will have her party tomorrow. I was thinking it was at 10 but Bobby called me from the school and said it was starting NOW! Which meant a little after 9. I hurried to get dressed and drove over there with candy and camera in hand. As I was getting out of the car I dropped my camera! Once again I was stressed! The camera wouldn't work! Bobby is telling me, "Here she comes!" I finally got the camera to work and took a couple photos.
Her teacher Ms. Heather is Thing 1!


She stopped to show me her loot! :)

I told Bobby I didn't want to take the kids out trick or treating this year. The past two years they would get down the street and start complaining that they wanted to go back home! So I opted to stay home and pass out candy. Kelly and I passed out candy and Brett and Bobby took the kids! Brett made Kelly and I a fire to keep warm.
They are finally all ready to head out and get some candy!

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the 'geek' the best!