
Saturday, October 25, 2008
How Can I Top This!
Yesterday I made a cake for my neighbor Kelly. Her son is having a birthday party today. I told her I could make a cake for her. Actually, I probably begged her to let me make it! She was a little sceptical I think, but I assured her that I could do it. We looked on the internet for ideas of what she would want to have. Since her son's birthday is near Halloween she wanted to go along with that theme. She came to her conclusion and this is what I did. I made a witch. It was really really fun making this cake. I was in my element all day in the kitchen!! :) I had to cut some of the round cakes down to make the hat so we used the excess to make little tombstones. Kelly decorated those! They turned out awesome!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
i swear you are so talented...it is crazy...it looks amazing:]
i love how detailed it is...it had to have been hard to do??
WOW! That's all I can say. I love the little tombstones.
Yea you got it maribeth...wow. If only you could see my face right now Tammy. lol
It looks so great! Hello! Where is your cake making business??! Chris can do the homeade ice cream and you can do the cakes! lol You guys can do all kinds of seasonal cakes and flavors!! Hahaha
i am so impressed! how many cakes total did it take- i was supposed to make a scary cake for a school event.. this would have been perfect- love it! you did a great job-
Thanks everyone for the comments! It truely was fun to make!
The bottom of the cake was made with a 9" spring form pan and then I used another 9" round cake pan. Then I used 2 one pint crocks and a flower pot for the hat. A waffle cone was used for the tip of the hat.
Post a Comment