The kids had been wanting to go to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks since it had came out so I decided that I would take them this weekend. Alexis actually got to see the movie last night with some friends but didn't mind going again. The boys were comical! They spent $20(of Wesley's $$$, I might add)on drinks, popcorn, and candy! I told them they were ridiculous! They didn't care! They were having fun! It was the cutest movie. It reminded me so much of when I was younger and we would watch the cartoon! I always liked watching that show.
We came home and the kids begged and begged us to take them to the little park here in our housing development. We finally gave in! It was funny watching them all play on the playground equipment. I sat there and thought to myself, "why do we find running up and down this thing so much fun?" Interesting to think about!
Alexis had seen the boys going down the firemans pole and she wanted Bobby to help her. She is such a chicken liver! She wouldn't do it on her own. Taylor got brave and thought she would try it. With my help she went down twice and after that she was on a roll. I couldn't believe she was doing it. It's a little reach to even get on the bar, but she was doing it. Of course after Taylor started going down, Alexis knew she couldn't be upstaged by her younger sister! So she finally broke down and mastered the pole as well.
It was a really nice day, the sun shining and all but it was still a little too cool for me!
3 comments:
Tam-e, I am a high school friend of your mothers, so Ichecked out your blog, hope you don't mind.
I want to encourage you to enjoy these days often with your kids...b/c (like Kenny Chesney song says) Don't Blink!
BTW.. I am also glad your mom started a blog, now we can keep in touch more often.
Joy, Debi O.
That is so nice of Debi to write something to you. She's such a sweetheart.
I knew of her in school & she probably was in my homeroom too. This past highschool reunion time is when we both got back together.
Her husband is a pastor.
I agree w/Debi & as I've told you often, when they get in school, time goes by so quickly so enjoy them little while you can. Before you know it, they'll be driving a car or getting married.
I just purchased that movie and watched it yesterday. It was soooooo cute.
love you mom oxoxo
Debi, Thank you for stating who you are! I don't mind that you checked out my blog and I am glad that you did! I love reading all the comments people leave. Makes you feel connected!
Post a Comment