I really never thought I would have so many comments on the homemade noodles! That is wonderful! I loved hearing from all of you! I was thinking that I might just have to start another blog just to put recipes on! LOL! I just like to share with everyone things that I enjoy making! I still need to put that Teriyaki recipe on here! Now that stuff is good!
Ok I found this recipe and I actually changed it up a little. I try, and sometimes I don't stick with it all the time, but I do try and not use shortening. I have been substituting coconut oil for shortening and for oil when a recipe calls for either of these items. Sometimes the taste of the coconut oil is noticable and then at other times it is not. I still like it and it is good for you! Makes cakes really moist!
These are a little more time consuming than making noodles. You can always make these ahead of time but they are best when they come right off the griddle. I don't remember using both kinds of flour. I may have only used the whole wheat. I haven't made them in a while!
Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
1 cup all purpose flour
4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup shortening-or coconut oil:)
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups boiling water
In a bowl stir together both flours and salt. Mix in shortening with a fork until it is a crumbly mixture. Make a well in the center, and pour in the bloiling water. Mix with fork until all of the water is evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with a bit of additional flour and knead until the dough is not longer sticky.
Make balls, approximately 2oz. each. Place on a baking sheet and cover with a cloth and let stand for at least 1 hour, or up to 8.
Heat griddle on high heat. On lightly floured surface, roll out tortilla. Place on griddle for 10-15 seconds, flip and cook for about 30 seconds. Flip once more and cook another 30 seconds. Serve immediately or you can refrigerate or freeze them.
No comments:
Post a Comment