This is a great Pasta dish. While out in Seattle my Aunt had made this dish for us. Totally loved it. I returned home and tried to make it and it was a total flop. It was so good on our trip that I thought it was worth trying again. The kids were mad that we were trying it again but I told them to forgive me for not making it right the first time and to give me another chance. They loved it! I knew they would.

1 package (12oz) fresh, frozen, or dried tortellini or other small, filled pasta such as ravioli
I tried the frozen the first time, 2nd time I used the dry. I think I will stick with the dry since
I had great success.
2 cups frozen, petite peas--rinsed to remove ice crystals
2 Tbsp. butter
1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (I used ground nutmeg)
1 1/2 to 2 cups half & half
1 egg beaten
1 cup freshly grated or shredded Parmesan or other Italian cheese
I used fresh the first time, 2nd time I used the Kraft Parmesan from a can. Worked better the
2nd time! I will keep doing it that way.
Additional grated or shredded Parmesan/Italian cheese and grated nutmeg served as
condiments or sprinkled on individual servings
Drop tortellini into a large kettle of rapidly boiling salted water. When water returns to a boil, cook pasta for only 7 minutes (it will finish cooking in the half & half; see below), then add peas and cook until water returns to a boil. Drain peas and pasta, but keep hot.
In a wide frying pan or stove-top casserole dish, melt butter over medium heat. Add peas and pasta, and top with half and half and nutmeg. Stir. Cook until liquid comes to a boil.
Remove pan from heat and stir n beaten egg evenly; the hot cream will cook the egg sufficiently. Mix in the 1 cup cheese. If mixture is a little thick, add more half & half to smooth the sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese and a little nutmeg. Serve at once. ( The dish can be held, covered, in a warm oven for a few minutes if the meal is delayed--but not too long, lest the noodles soften.)
Serves 4 main-dish or 6 first-course servings.
ENJOY!
1 comment:
Thank you so much!!! I am excited. We have loved your recipes so we will be trying this one.
Post a Comment