Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ipod dilemma

Today is Sam's 11th birthday!
We were at the store the other day and Sam's Uncle Chris was going to buy him some shoes for his birthday, but we all didn't want to wait for the extremely long line. I told him we would come back later this week. So we made plans to take him today after he got home from school.
Sam also had received money from Grandparents, his Uncle & Aunt and a couple friends from school. He was going to use it to buy an ipod-nano. That was fine. I was all for it.
We went and got the shoes. That all went well. Then it was off to Target to get his ipod. He had a gift card for Target so we decided to get the ipod from there because it was on sale and you got a $15 gift card back. Great deal! Well, I thought so. We get there, check the case and they do not have any! Immediately he begins to cry! My first thought was, 'this kid is too sensitive'. Oh my gosh. Did we really need tears? The gentleman told us that they get new shipments in everynight and that I would need to call first thing in the morning. I thought fine, I can do that. But NO! Sam had to have it now! And guess what!?! Yes, MOM had to give in. I took him to another store where it would be just a dollar more but NO gift card in return. I tried to explain the benefit of waiting and getting the gift card back. He was not satisfied. Of course he had been wanting this for a while. When Target was sold out he stated that he was very disappointed! I told him he was SPOILED! Of course he agreed!
So, he got his shoes and his ipod and now he is having sweet dreams!

No comments: