Thursday, December 20, 2007
Dad the Great Story Teller!
My Dad was here at the house when all the kids had arrived home from school. All of them had a turn to tell us about their day. Sam had mentioned something about a kid getting expelled from school and the stories began! Dad was on a roll! I think it is neat to hear about the things that happened in his life! He was telling us this wild story about a time when he was in 4th grade. He was trying to get this kid named Ben to pull the fire alarm. He tried to tell him that if he pulled the cord that it would send a smoke signal. Ben was being cautious and Dad had told him not to be a chicken! The kid started running and Dad pulled the alarm. Needless to say they both found themselves in the principals office claiming that the other had pulled the alarm! Because Dad's hands were clean, (I guess the alarms were dusty from not being used) the principal let him go and the other boy got the paddling! What! That is not even right! Of course my boys were then saying how they were going to do that at school! We tried to tell them that they would be in a lot of trouble. That the fire dept. would come and police! I don't think that they would do that! Dad, giving these boys ideas! We all laughed about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Your Dad must have been one little hellraiser! I'll bet he has many more tales to tell.
Mystery Man...I think you might know him too well! I enjoy his stories and I hope that he will continue to share them! :)
Post a Comment