Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our Christmas Tree


Well, I dread putting up the Christmas tree every year. I don't know why. Maybe it is all the work that goes into it.
I put the tree together about a week ago. I was kinda hopin' the lights would just one night be on but I finally had to break down and put them on myself. I had a couple of hours today to do just that. I put Taylor down for a nap and had them on within an hour. I usually like them just so but...I just really wasn't in the mood. I kind of just tossed them on.
I had sorted out the kid's ornaments. They got to put theirs on first. Then Bobby and I took our turn. Of course he had to ask yet once again if we had to put all the ornaments on. He asks that every year. I think it is neat to put the ornaments on. They have a lot of sentimental value. I know where each of my ornaments came from. They hold a lot of memories.
I would really like for the kids to just have their own tree and then I can have a nice elegant tree. I can't stand the colored lights and they love them! So I think that is the goal for next year is to get another tree just for me! Ha!
I didn't put much on this year. Just the red balls, a strand of garland and lots of ornaments. It will have to do. Sam wanted to put the star on this year but he is still not tall enough even with the help of the chair. Maybe next year!
I think it will be exciting to have Christmas here this year. It will be the first time we have had it in this house. That will be really nice. Looking forward to it.
I don't have my Christmas shopping done but I have started. So far, I have only bought the things the kids don't like to get: Clothes!!! I will try and get the rest of the shopping done by the end of the week. Try, that is the key word!








2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Your tree looks great. It looks like the kids are having a lot of fun with it too.

marissa said...

Aww the tree looks awsome! man sam is gettin tall lol