This was a very akward evening for us! I will try to be nice as I know the invite was one of sincerity, we were just out of place!
Our neighbors have been talking about their annual block part since we moved here last fall. I really was having my hopes up thinking this would be a really great time. I was hoping to meet new neighbors and really get to know some people. It turns out, the three houses that are on the block were participating and they all had like their indiviual clicks going on with their own friends and family. Not what I anticipated at all but we tried to make the best of it.
The kids ended up playing a game of kickball. Bobby was the all time pitcher. I thought the adults would play but they were all too busy drinkin' and smokin'. But Taylor and I hung out and watched the game and I kept hearing this rustling in the leaves in the bushes behind me. I finally got this little guy to come out and let me get his picture. It was a baby mole. Funny thing to watch.
Later the fireworks came out and that was another eventful event! Let me just say, Drunks should not be out lighting fireworks! We left a little upset due to the attack of fireworks going off in between our seats and the house and at our feet! Thank God no one was hurt!
I was so happy when my family came to the rescue to watch fireworks with us! I do believe we won't be attending next year!








No comments:
Post a Comment