I have memories of when I was younger and my Grandma would make homemade apple sauce. She would get it out of the freezer to thaw a bit before dinner and when we sat down we would fight about who would get to it first. One, because it's good stuff, and two because we loved the lumps that were still frozen! Even as an adult I love to get the lumps and my kids do too! Grandma would sometimes put red hots in the apple sauce and heat it up! I haven't done that before but am gonna try it. Maybe my kiddos would like some of the cinnamon goodness too!
Here's a pic of us gettin started. Transparent apples...the BEST for applesauce making!

Mom, scoopin the hot apples out into the funnel.


I was so excited that Mom let me keep the machine! I don't know what it is called but hopefully I can use it every year to make applesauce and to create memories for my children.
The apples go into the funnel and on one side the peel and core come out and then through the strainer part the apple!
I even got Bobby to try it! I told him it was fun! He agreed! He thought the process was neat.
Here is the applesauce!
Just added some sugar. I was trying to be good with the sugar this time around. When Mom and I had made some a few years ago, I got a little carried away! It seems like after you do a little tasting you get used to the taste and then it doesn't seem sweet enough. I think I made the last round a little too sweet, but it will still be good!



No comments:
Post a Comment