Friday, August 8, 2008

My Crazy Mistake

I have been wanting to make some curtains for my kitchen. I had made some valences but that didn't help me out with the sliding glass door. I hated the vertical binds that they had up when we moved into the house. The kids broke some of them so I just threw it away. I did have some ready shades up there for quite a while. Needless to say I got sick of those too!
I was inspired when I found this colorful fabric. I knew that I needed some color in the kitchen and I thought this might bring some color. Now don't get me wrong it is very pretty but once I started making the curtains I began to realize that it was very overwhelming! Once I had them all hung I was sick to my stomach!!!! It looked like tie-dye!!!!!

I immediately went out to find more fabric as I was so sick about this whole thing I had to come up with a solution! I was going to try a couple of places. I knew that I was most likely going to have to go with a solid color just to be safe! I even thought about just purchasing some more fabric! I'm crazy I know! So I went to Wal-Mart. I was just going to try and see if they had any curtains on sale for another quick fix but I decided to check the fabric too. They had just gotten this new bolt of fabric and it was only $1/yard. I told the lady I would purchase the whole thing and if I didn't like it, I was going to bring it back. I brought it home and unrolled it and put it up to the window. I thought it looked pretty good. So I thought, "Go for it." I did and I am very pleased this time with the outcome.

Of course I love my new curtain wire! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I got it at my new favorite store too! IKEA! It works wonderful. Especially with the sliding door!!! Curtain issue solved!! Now on to my next project!

7 comments:

Marty said...

Dear Susie homemaker,
Can't picture these curtains in the kitchen.....A little wild there.

The new wire looks like it works great. I'll have to see it in person to figure out how it works.

The new curtains look great!

love,
your proud mom :)

Stacy said...

The colorful curtains were definitely TOO much. The newest ones are neutral with a splash of color. Much better! I like them alot.

Marissa said...

The new curtains look great Tam-e. They are very refreshing and give the dinning area a little pazaz!
That curtain wire looks pretty cool too, it looks like it would help the curtain from getting jammed when you open and close them...you know?

Marissa said...

It really irritates me when curtains do that lol

Alesha said...

...sometimes unless you give it a shot you just really don't know how it is going to work out. Even though they weren't what you were looking for they were pretty...I'll bet you already have lots of ideas of what to do with them! lol The new ones look great in your space...nice job.

Alesha said...

Where did you find the cable system for your curtains?

Tam-e said...

I got the cable system @ IKEA. There is one here in West Chester. It is about 30 minutes from where we live. It is not all one set but it comes in different pieces. I had to buy some corner pieces so that I could continue the wire from one window to the other.