Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mom's visit






Mom arrived late Friday night about 12:30? Not sure, but we did stay up for another hour and 1/2. Finally called it a night. I made some wonderful buttermilk waffles in the am. I really like the recipe I have. Of course I always have the issues with the syrup! I try not to buy the High Fructose Corn Syrup and get the Grade B Real Maple Syrup instead. The kids complain! How we have trained their taste buds to like the things they shouldn't!

Anyway, Mom had some places that she wanted to visit while we were here!(Stores, that is!) We were gone all afternoon store hopping! It was quite interesting! We went to Dorothy Lane Market. http://www.dorothylane.com/ She had never been to this store. I love this store, but you could go broke shopping here! It was a fun experience for her though. I guess we went on the right day. They had all kinds of stuff to taste! Yum! I still need to go back and get some blueberry vinegar. That stuff was out of this world! We headed to the health food store! I love our health food store! http://www.healthfoodsunlimited.com/ Of course I had to get something from the coffee bar. I got this rhubarb bar! Now I could eat many of those! They are made with all organic ingredients and they are soooooo good!!! Just a few more stops and we were on to home. Picked up the kids that stayed home and headed out to Troy, OH. When we lived there we had a favorite Mexican Restaurant we liked to go to. According to Sam it was every Sunday after church! I am not sure about that but we did go there alot. Mom loved a dish that they have there and she wanted to go while here for a visit! Very good!

Sunday we were off to Jungle Jim's International Market. http://www.junglejims.com/ But first we had to swing by one of my favorite places, Tropical Smoothie! The Mocha Madness is a must have! I wish I had known we were going to visit here I would have made plans for a tour. WE took our own tour though. Mom just had to see this place! She was in awe! Headed towards home with a little pit-stop to pick up some much needed brassieres! ( I know TMI! Hey, it's life!) Then on to Sam's game! I was a little disappointed, they started early! So we missed some of the game! Sam played awesome though! I think he even got a couple baskets! On to home for dinner and fun! Mom gave me some lessons on knitting! I am going to try and knit some gloves for myself after I finish my scarf! Hope they turn out! We finally got to play the Wii after the kids went to bed. You know they had to take their turn! Mom thought it was fun! She had never played it before. Tennis was not her forte'!

Monday wasn't too busy! Mom worked on my resume. I am going this week to apply for a job at the hospital working in the mother/infant! I think it would be fun to work in that dept.

Before Mom left we went to yet another store for some decorations and such for my sis-in-laws baby shower! Can't believe it is almost time! We were forgetting one thing we had to do before Mom left...have a tea party with Alexis. So on the way home from the store we went through the IGA drive-through.(Mom found this interesting too!) We got some oreo cookies! I had to explain to the guy working why we needed them and he called them American Crumpets! We got a kick out of that!

So we had our tea and it was time for Mom to leave! :( Enjoyed her stay! Wish it happened more often!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love a tea party! Parker always has one with her dad- very funny! I checked out the websites of the stores you mentioned and it looked YUMMY! Very cool. It sounds like you had a great visit with your mom. tell her i said hello!