
Oh my gosh! I don't know about the rest of you but I love Max & Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup! I had looked up a couple of recipes online to match their recipe and came across this one. I was in Heaven! This soup turned out soooo good. Sam actually was watching me make it. He says he hates tomatoes but yet he eats pizza, spaghetti, salsa, and on & on. You get the picture. Well, the recipe called for the Rotel* diced tomatoes and green chilies. He asked me to chop them up. I was complaining that I would have to dirty more appliances to accomplish this task for him but I love him enough to make it easier for him to eat. After the fact I am glad that I did puree them. Sam was the first to try this new recipe. He said it was good! Then after a few bites he was saying it was too spicy. I told him it wasn't spicy. It didn't taste spicy to me! He said, "Mom, have you met you?" It was comical! He said that I don't think anything is spicy. The only thing I might do different the next time is to cut back on the spices. Maybe that will help all the tastebuds that thought it was too spicy.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
8oz velveeta cheese( I used cheeze whiz)
10oz can Rotel* tomatoes & chilies
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
tortilla strips
shredded cheddar cheese
In a pot melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour & cook stirring often for 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in small amounts of Chicken broth, then whisk in milk.
Reduce heat to low & stir in cheese. Stir until melted.
Stir in Rotel, chicken & spices.
Once heated through, it is ready to serve.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
8oz velveeta cheese( I used cheeze whiz)
10oz can Rotel* tomatoes & chilies
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
tortilla strips
shredded cheddar cheese
In a pot melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour & cook stirring often for 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in small amounts of Chicken broth, then whisk in milk.
Reduce heat to low & stir in cheese. Stir until melted.
Stir in Rotel, chicken & spices.
Once heated through, it is ready to serve.
3 comments:
The soup sounds wonderful. The core life group will be here on Thursday. I thought I would try this soup.
I love the picture! Looks good enough to eat!
By the way, I wanted my name to say "Mom" when I comment so I created a different google account so it can say Mom.
Love you!
Oh I have been eyeing this since you posted it. I will have to try it. I love M&E soup too.
Post a Comment