Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Nice Visit

Today Heather, one of my best friends came to visit. I was excited to have her over. She lives in Columbus. I know that is not far from me but with work schedules, church, and kids, it can be hard to find that time to get together.
When she arrived I had been cleaning and trying to catch up on some laundry. While I was finishing up my cleaning my daughters were great entertainers. I wish that I had gotten some pictures of them. Alexis is something else! She was walkin' the run-way strutting her stuff! Both Alexis and Taylor were dancing for Heather. I was glad she had some entertainment! Heather was so wonderful. She played games with Alexis. I never did find out which one won the game of Dora Memory. That is Alexis's favorite game.
We went out to lunch at P.F. Changs. We met up with Bobby, his brother Matt, and another friend of ours who was in town from Altanta, Mike Malloy. It was a good time hangin' out reminiscing about old times together. Bobby had mentioned something in the course of our conversations about Dave Chappell(a stand up comedian)and low and behold he came walking through the doors. He sat at the table behind us. We got a kick out of that. Of course then the guys had to share stories about his shows on the comedy central channel. They got Dave to chuckle! It was funny! Taylor was with us on this lunch visit and I must say she was the best behaved child, ever! She cracked me up, she was so good! I told her I was so proud of her.
After lunch Heather and I went on a little adventure trying to find this cake place that I just had to go to. I needed something sweet! NOT! But we went anyway. With the help of my friend Jazmin, we found the place. A Taste of Elegance! That is what it is called. We picked out a cake and brought it home. Needless to say there isn't any left!
My dad came over and I invited him to stay for dinner. I made a roast and was planning on making some homemade noodles. I opted out and Dad went and picked up some other homemade noodles from the store. Dinner turned out pretty good, minus those noodles. Everyone had wished I made homemade! I do that sometimes, get a little lazy and then wish I hadn't! Learn the hard way. I decided I might make up a few batches of noodles and keep them in the freezer for times like that.
I finally got the kitchen cleaned up. It takes for-ever to clean up after that meal!
I am glad Heather came down and Dad came and stayed for dinner. It was a nice way to end the day!

No comments: