Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meteors

Last night the boys wanted to stay up til mid-night to watch the meteor shower. I decided that they could. We got out their telescopes so that we could see something magnificent. We focused on a couple blinking stars. Not sure if they were the meteors or not but they were fun to look at. There was no trail behind them like a shooting star but they were like a fireball. It was really cool to see. I checked online about the meteor shower and it takes place tonight as well. Tonight is supposed to be the real deal. I think I might stay up tonight to see what the night sky will produce. The Meteor shower that we were watching is called Leonids. It is said to be one of the best to watch. Although we got out the telescopes, you can see the meteor shower with the naked eye! Can't wait to see more!

No comments: