Up at 6:30 a.m. Every one's alarms were going off but no one was getting up! I told the boys to get up and my little Wes, he is so precious, was up and at it before everyone else. I packed the boys lunches and helped get some cereal for Taylor. Then it was on to dinner. Yes, I did say dinner. I wanted to make some chili yesterday and then reheat today because I always think it taste much better after it has sat for a day but needless to say I didn't get that done. So I had to get that going.
Finally, we were out the door late but 7:30, that was still good. I had to pick up a friend of Alexis's. She lives in our development. She was to play with Alexis after our trip to get the kids teeth cleaned. Boy was that NOT going to happen!
We were on the road by 7:40 and had to be in downtown Dayton at Sinclair Community College by 8:15. Was I going to make it? I had to put the pedal to the metal! Of course we had to get stuck in rush hour traffic. Isn't that always fun! We made it there right on time. Once inside the waiting room for the dental hygienist clinic I then realized that we had another 15 min before they would even start calling names! Oh my and I had to rush? Three long hours later we finally were able to leave! Now the race was really on!
I thought we would have been done way before this time so I didn't plan on any lunch yet for the girls. They had to catch the bus by noon and here it was 11:30. It usually takes about 45 min to get home from downtown. I had the girls eat the boy's lunch and once again sped home to get them on the bus. I told Sam as soon as we get home, run in and get Alexis's book bag and her tennis shoes and some socks. She had flip-flops on and she is not allowed to wear them to school.
We pulled into the drive. Sam jumped out of the van and was back in a flash. As soon as he got out the door here came the bus!!!! Yea! We made it. I was so relieved. I had to hurry and change Alexis's shoes. I got them on but told her she would have to tie them on the bus.
That was one crazy escapade.
I felt bad for the girls because they didn't get to play. Other than the long wait in the waiting room. They ran around and colored pictures while we were there. They will get together next week and play though.
I need to get better about my planning! I am usually better about it than that! I plan everything! It is all good though! Made for an adventurous morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment