Friday, September 14, 2007

Camp Fire

You would have thought we have never been around a fire! Oh, the kids were so excited! They couldn't wait to roast marshmallows and make smores. They were wanting to start the fire right after dinner!(6:30pm) Crazy!

We had a tree in the front yard that had died. It wasn't a big tree. Dad helped knock it down with his truck the other day. The kids and I broke the limbs off and put the little twigs in a bucket. Dad said with the trunk and all we would be able to have something to burn for about 1-1 1/2 hrs.

Wesley and I went to the store to buy the goodies to make our treat and we went through the drive-through at IGA to get some more firewood.

Bobby got the fire going and the kids roasted their mallows. It wasn't long until I had to say no more! I think Taylor ate like 10 marshmallows!

We sang campfire songs. Well...I did most of the singing! Bobby just loves my campfire songs! The kids would come up with something to sing here and there, and then Alexis...she said, "I have a song." She got up out of her chair and held up both of her hands and started to count down from 10-1. I thought she was just counting down so that she could sing her song. When she got ready to say "zero," she said, "Zero Dance!" and started doing a little dance with her arms up, fingers touching to make a zero! We all started laughing! She was tickled too!

Of course Sam always has something wonderful to say. He said, "This is fun. Us spending time together as a family!" He can be so cute! I am glad that he cherishes these times together!

No comments: