Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Under Lock & Key

So...I have been threatening for a while now. I did take away some of the girl's toys and put them in the closet. They were to be off limits! Well, that didn't work out too well. They got grounded over the weekend. I was asleep so I have no idea what all went on. I came home from work on Monday morning and I took some clothes up to their room and what did I find? Their dedication dresses off the hangers on the floor of their closet! Of course along with some other dresses they have in the closet as well. I was more than unhappy! I really had to control my temper cuz I really would have laid into them!
"THAT IS IT!" I told Bobby I couldn't take it anymore! He had already taken the t.v. out of their room over the weekend so that was one less thing to remove. I thought about taking it all out and moving it to the garage. I really didn't want to do that though. They have a nice walk-in closet and it would be great for storage, so...Bobby, the best man in the world :), came to the rescue and bought a new doorknob for the closet door. Everything is now out of their room except for the bed, dresser, 2 chairs(which I should take those away too), a book, the Bible, and 4 stuffed animals. That is it! Everything else is under lock and key!
We will see how long this last! They are going to have to earn back their toys. It hasn't phased them yet! It might take a week or two so sink in!




1 comment:

Vicki said...

I laughed so hard at this one. It is nice to know "I'm not the only one"! I've gone round and round with Reinna and Chasey about keeping their rooms picked up. They just leave things lay.(ages 13 and 14) The biggest issue is making their beds. They say none of their friends have to make their beds every morning and "what a waste of time, we just get back in them at night". I told them their friends don't live with ME. I finally found something that works. They are on a demerit system (and they think that is "so stupid") Each morning I go up to their rooms after they have left for school, and if their beds aren't made or clothes and stuff are all over, they get one, maybe two, maybe three demerits. If they have five by Friday....they have absolutely no social life all weekend. No overnights, no movies, no skating, no NOTHING. Just sitting at home. IT WORKS!! and it is so nice to go up to their room every morning and everything looks good. Funny thing, tho. I don't have this problem with Braydon. I think he "observes" and his room is always neat as a pin and his bed is made before he even comes down for breakfast. I LOVE THESE KIDS. They are so much fun. HA HA.