Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We went to Uncle Rick and Aunt Lana's this year for a pool party. I know the weather wasn't as nice as we would have liked for it to be but that didn't stop anyone from having any fun!!
As soon as we arrived Grandma busted out the cucumbers for Alexis and Taylor. She had promised Alexis she would bring her one, or two. She had her own thing of dip too! It was comical. Alexis just loves cucumbers.
The guys got out there and threw the football around a little and then it was on to badminton. They got their teams together and then the competition was on. I think Tony and Matt went undefeated until Bob and Bobby played them. They kept asking for more challengers since they were undefeated!!! It was funny!



I am always cracking up about Ashlyn and these crazy shoes! She wears them with everything! She can have on a dressy outfit and still wear these shoes! She loves them!


Aunt Lana and Uncle Rick
Grandpa Paul
Sandi, a friend of the family, and Aunt Lana

Alexis, Ashlyn, Maddy, Wesley, Sam, Christian, and Taylor. Taylor wouldn't turn around for the photo and when she did the others weren't looking at the camera! Go figure!


Laura and Grandma

Kris, a friend of the family

Sue, Uncle Rick's mom and Rose, a friend of the family

Ok. We were freezing!!! I froze all day. I wish that I had worn jeans! I didn't realize it would be this cold. Aunt Lana had her air on too! So Bob, Laura, Bobby and Myself snuggled up on the couch to try and get warm!
I was crackin' up cuz this is what we were watching on the television while snuggling on the couch! The Disney Channel!
Time for fireworks!!! We went outside to get ready for the show! The kids got out sparklers and were waving them around. I thought I would try this setting for fireworks on my camera just to see what it would do. It was fun!! The kids liked seeing what they could do with their sparklers. You will have to go to Ashlyn's blog and check out her photos that I took. In the one she was able to make a heart. She was standing behind Alexis or Taylor but you can still see it. She also made a star. It was pretty cool. I wanted to post them on here but thought I would be nice and let her put them on her blog.

Here the kids are trying to make the word OHIO. It turned out pretty good.
Having a treat while watching fireworks.
It was so cold outside that we were all bundled up. Aunt Lana kept laughing at us and asking if we were seriously that cold!

I thought this was sweet! After I put the pictures on the computer I watched them in a slideshow like I always do and I noticed Grandpa and Grandma were holding hands while watching the fireworks! Awe!!

The kids being goofy!
A couple of the fireworks with my setting made for them!


Uncle Rick stayed on the couch while we all were outside watching the fireworks! I think he was a little worn out from the day!

3 comments:

Marty said...

It looks like all of you had lots of fun! I like the fireworks setting on your camera. That is too cool!

Did the sun shine any to help you keep warm? It did where we were. But when it went in...burrrrr!

It was a nice day with the decendants of the Kinnard family.

Tam-e said...

No sunshine. I think it tried to peek out through the clouds but if it did it was a very short period of time. I really need to shave now! LOL!!! :)

Marissa said...

Well it was almost 100 degrees on the 4th out here in Cali, I think it was like 96. So we went over to my Dad's friends house, Mario and Tammy. They have a pool so we went swimming, we had to yesterday, it was just too hot not to. So I went for a cool dip and then just layed out with Tammy for a while. We cooked bbq chicken and did little fireworks, that was about it.

Even though the weather looked and sounded pretty cruddy, it looks like you guys had a good time. Of course when does the Enright family not lol. Miss you guys a ton and wish we were there to snuggle under the blankets with you... oo la la LOL. Love you guys!!