Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Catchin' Up

Ok so with the new year already in session, I have decided to scratch the idea of ever catching up on older post so I will have to just make one BIG one here.

After our move and finally getting settled, school began! It was a little rough in the beginning. The kids had it easy though. Alexis had a rough start which I was surprised due to her social skills! Lol!

We took a vacation the second week of school to Ocean City, Maryland. It was a nice getaway with the family. It turned out to be a little on the cooler side but it did not stop some of us from entering the ocean and catching some rays.

We celebrated Gram Winnie's 70th Birthday with a surprise party! It was a great time at Aunt Lana and Uncle Rick's. Gram was so cute to watch when she came in and the excitment she had with all of us there including one of her friends from elementary school.

My cousin Kelley got married the first weekend in Oct. I was so happy to be able to attend and not have to drive. Best of all, Bobby was home that weekend so he was able to go as well. We had a great time. Taylor was a flower girl and she did such an awesome job. I was a little concerned that she wouldn't make it down the isle but the goodie bag waiting in her seat was really helpful.

We were able to go to the Granville Orchard and pick our own apples with James, Heidi, Tommy, and Sarah. It was fun taste testing all of the different kinds of apples. The kids really enjoyed this time together. Later the same day I was able to spend some time with my best friend Heather. She even came to Wesley's football game! And it was the best game ever! I had to tease Wesley cuz I think he was showing off cuz his friend was there!

We spent some time with James and Heidi making a haunted gingerbread house. It was a fun filled day of house making, caramel apples, and four wheeling!

Taylor was able to go on a field trip to Devine Farms. She had a fun time playing in the barn and picking out her pumpkin. That weekend we went to The Pigeon Roost. Awesome place for the kids and adults! I had fun playing too! We had really great weather for the event and James, Heidi, Tommy, Sarah, and Gabby got to hang out too! Great memories!

Trick or Treat night was right around the corner! The kids had a great time! My rule is, you must dress up if you're gonna go! So Sam decided to just wear some old clothes and a clown mask, Wesley was the joker ( and I might add that I was really proud of myself for making it!) Alexis decided on being a baby and she was really workin' it! Taylor was a beautiful swiss miss. Mom had Alea that day and they came over for the festivities. James and Heidi had an extra costume so we put Alea in it, and off we went! Laura and Ashlyn came for the event as well!

Soon football was over and basketball was beginning. Sam had a few weeks of conditioning. Then they had tryouts for like 3 days! What is that all about? Needless to say he made the team. Wesley tried out for the traveling team but didn't make it. He plays for NBBL and for the Y.

Thanksgiving was such a treat for me. I finally didn't have to travel anywhere! Yea!!! My family came over and we all pitched in with the fixin's. It was a nice relaxing day.

I had been in contact with an old friend from school. She had asked me if I wanted to sign my girls up for cheerleading with Upward sports. She thought it would be great if we could coach together! So we signed up and the girls are on the same squad which makes it nice for me. Taylor is a little unsure at times but she is doing well. They look so cute in their uniforms! Brings back a lot of memories from school too!

December is a busy month for us with the Birthdays and shopping! Sam turned 13 this year and we threw big party for him! I was so happy that we could do this. We don't usually have the friend parties every year but since he became a teen we wanted to do something extra special! We invited all the family and his friends. Had some great food and fellowship. I didn't get to fellowship much being the hostess! lol! I was busy making sure every one had drinks and food! The friends were excited when finally the game truck showed up! They had a blast and they weren't in the house! :) Sam had a awesome time and was very thankful for all that came to share in his special day!

The Christmas season brought a lot of chaos! Trying to get a lot of the shopping done on the weekends while Bobby was home made for a busy time. I was happy that we didn't wait til the very last minute to buy things this year. Although we were cutting it close! We did get the kids shopped for but I didn't go shopping for Bobby until Christmas eve! I was also very thankful for the two weeks Bobby got off for Christmas. It was wonderful having him home but it went by too fast as usual.

With Bobby home we were able to do a lot. We took the kids to KoKo Key for an overnight! They had a great time. We were able to go out on a couple dates! We went to the Zoo to see the Christmas lights too! It was freezing that night!

Christmas eve, we celebrated Taylor's 5th birthday! I can't believe my youngest is 5! Wow! We opted to try and have a party during the month of January due to the fact her birthday is at Christmas time and it makes it difficult. James, Heidi and the kids came over for dinner and after that we just had a little get together for cake and ice cream.

We have never done Santa but I kept teasing the kids about getting to bed or he wouldn't bring the presents! lol! They thought I was a little off my rocker! Bobby and I got all the presents under the tree. We always sleep in on Christmas. My kids have never gotten us up at the crack of dawn! I am very thankful for this. It was a wonderful morning. The kids took turns opening all of their gifts. They showed great appreciation for everything that they received. I was blessed that even though we bought a little more than the last couple of years they were very thankful. It was nice not to have to rush to get out the door. We only had a 25 minute drive to the Enright household. Such a blessing! We had a great day of food, fellowship, playing games, watching the kids open their gifts, and coming home with the crazy gifts from the white elephant! I do have to laugh though because the gift I put in the white elephant was a gift that my MIL got a couple of years ago. No one seemed to oooo and ahhhh over it then but when it was opened this year...oooooo, ahhhh, "I like that!" Funny how time changes opinions! Gram Winnie continues the tradition of the "stinkies" on the tree for the gals. I came home with a really cute pair of earrings! I love them Gram! Thank you!

The next day we had Christmas at our house for my side of the family. I couldn't wait to see who had my name and what they got me! This year when we exchanged names B.J. was making up rules on who we could have, and that this year there would be no list given for ideas of what we would like to have, and NO Gift cards! It made for a fun time! I didn't seem to have a problem shopping for Anjie. I hope she liked everything that I got her! :) I am sure she did. Usually we open our gifts from youngest to oldest but this year B.J. wanted to change it up and I guess he just took it by force! LOL! He wanted to open gifts in the order of giving. So we started with the youngest person GIVING their gifts. It was fun! Of course B is the youngest and he had Stacy's name. So she got to open her stuff first. She got a cami, sweater, bottle of wine, and a wine holder made from a recycled ski! Really cool! Bobby gave his gift next, he had Mom, she got a spa package, slippers, tea kettle, and I think maybe something else but I am not remembering. I gave my gifts next, I had Anj. I got her a clock, cookbook, lunch bag, stuff from Bath and Body, and a necklace. Anj went next. She had Bobby. He got a ticket to the Harlem Globtrotters and a GPS! Yea!!! Stacy passed her gifts out next. She had B.J. He opened it and it was something he just purchased. I do believe it was a saw. Last but not least was Mom. She had me. I got some jammies, a t-shirt, purse,OOPS! a gift card to the coffee house, and a guitar! Oh that was fun! I would probably would never buy myself a guitar but I was sooooo excited to get one. Now I will have to take some lessons! It was another fun day! We played a game of Bananagrams and hung out for the rest of the day just kickin' back!

B.J. and Anjie got the boys tickets to see the Harlem Globtrotters so they went that Sunday after Christmas to see them. I think they really enjoyed that.

New Years eve we spent with the Enright clan! Played cards and finally watched the ball drop! Happy New Year! Yea!!!!!!

Half way through January already! Ugh! Time is passing by so quickly! I am keeping busy with all the sport schedules! Sam has practice everyday except for Sundays. Wesley has practice 3 nights a week and games on the Sat. and Sun. The girls have practice 1 night a week and games on Sat. I make locker decorations twice a week for Sam's team and help coach the cheerleaders! Plus I keep Alea twice a week. Busy woman I am! I think it is good for me though cuz then I don't tend to noticed that I am doing it all without my man here!

Gonna try and upload some photos. They may be a little out of order but I will try my best!

No comments: